Selection of the month :
La Fontaine Gaillon has a new Chef, Marc Veyrat ! He will delight you with the foie gras and fish rillettes; frogs flavoured with liquorice; « crystallized » scallops; roasted Alps lamb with thyme and for dessert a chartreuse baba. Count between 75 and 95 Euro. Closed on Sundays and for lunch on Saturdays. 1 rue de la Michodière, 2nd.
Ogata offers you a delicious Japanese cuisine and refined dishes such as little bites in a bento; a tamago yagi (Japanese omelet like a « mille feuilles ») and a matcha blancmange for dessert. Menus between 45 and 130 Euro. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Online reservation only. 16 rue Debelleyme, 3rd.
The Comptoir des Fables revisits French traditional cuisine in tapas style: whelks and celery with wazabi, Cremone octopus, foie gras, mushrooms ravioli, cassoulet and for dessert, a praline brioche or a savarin cake. Count between 8 and 10 Euro the small plate. Open every day. 112 Rue Saint-Dominique, 7th.
The Michelin Guide revealed the new awarded restaurants!
Here’s a short Parisian selection:
- The Chef Kei Kobayashi of the Kei restaurant gets his 3rd 5 Rue Coq Héron, 1st.
- The Pavillon Ledoyen with Yannick Alléno now gathers 3 Michelin-star-awarded restaurants: the 3-star restaurant Alléno-Paris, but also the Abysse, which has just received its second star and Pavyllon its first. Carré des Champs-Elysées – 8, avenue Dutuit, 8th.
- The Atelier Joël Robuchon-Etoile received its 2nd 133 Avenue des Champs-Élysées, 8th.
- David Bizet of Taillevent received a 2nd star as well. 15 rue Lamennais, Paris, 8th.
Our favourite addresses :
- Chez Fernand, a simple bistro serving traditional French cuisine in a warm and casual atmosphere, located a few meters away from the hotel only
- Allard, a 100 year-old bistro which serves the great classics of French cuisine. It belongs to Alain Ducasse, who by his name only guarantee the quality of food, wines and service.
- Le Christine, a modern French cuisine address which proposes casual delicate dishes and located just next door
- Alliance an excellent modern French cuisine (1 Michelin star) in a contemporary décor, located near Notre Dame (10-minute walk from the hotel) on the left bank
- Saint James Paris : the most romantic address of Paris in the city’s only château-hotel! You will enjoy a refined French cuisine imagined by the young Chef Adrien Brunet.
- Le Relais Louis XIII, a medieval house of the 17th century rated one Michelin star. Manuel Martinez worked previously at the world-famous Tour d’Argent.