Following the success of his first restaurant Tomy & Co, Tomy Gousset is back with Hugo & Co where he got inspired by his trip to New York and its cosmopolitan cuisine. The Chef offers dishes to share, from different backgrounds, in a convivial atmosphere with: salted pancake & guanciale, pecorino & cebette onion, rocket; hake fish & chips & garden vegetables shavings, tartare sauce; warm small tea sponge cake, lemon curd – 48 rue Monge, 5th.
Jacopo is a new bistro by Thibaut Sombardier in a trendy decor, combining Haussmannian and New York influences. This Chef flirts outrageously with the classics of French cuisine, offering dishes of days gone by, such as lentil salad, foie gras snow and smocked breast fillet; velvety gourds mascarpone and bacon; veal stew in white sauce; thick salmon steak, mint cream and for dessert: rum baba, chocolate mousse, lemon tart. Count 40 to 60 Euro – Open daily from 12pm to 2am – 5 bis rue Vernet, 8th.
Always recommended :
- Chez Fernand, a simple bistro serving traditional French cuisine in a warm and casual atmosphere, located a few meters away
More upscale :
- Allard, a 100 years old bistro which serves the great classics of French cuisine. New property of Alain Ducasse, who by its name only guarantee the quality of food, wines and service.
- Le Christine, a modern French cuisine address which proposes casual delicate dishes located just next door
- Alliance : an excellent modern French cuisine (1 star in the Michelin guide) in a contemporary décor close to Notre Dame
Haute cuisine :
- Saint James Paris : in the dining room or the gardens of PAris' only chateau-hotel, discover the generously refined creations of the famous Chef Jean-Luc Rocha
- Le Relais Louis XIII, a medieval house of the 17th century rated one Michelin star with Chef Manuel Martinez.