The Chef Mathieu Pacaud just took the lead of Apicius, a Relais & Chateaux restaurant with one Michelin star, settled in a beautiful hotel particulier near the Champs Elysées, with a wonderful terrace. You will enjoy frogs browned in salted butter, a baked piece of lobster and a chocolate soufflé and whipped cream for dessert. Count 180 to 200 Euro for the tasting menu and around 150 Euro à la carte – 20 rue d'Artois, 8th.
NE/SO – In a modern setting, Guillaume Sanchez proposes an exceptional cuisine in which 90% of the vegetables served have been converted by the magic of fermentation: preserved green asparagus with juniper, white asparagus cream, olives, burrata cheese and juniper vinegar; prawns, carcass emulsion, preserved seaweed, caviar and Jerusalem artichokes; lobster ravioli with sea urchin... 7-dish-menu at 90 Euro – 6 rue Papillon, 9th.
Always recommended :
- Chez Fernand, a simple bistro serving traditional French cuisine in a warm and casual atmosphere, located a few meters away
More upscale :
- Allard, a 100 years old bistro which serves the great classics of French cuisine. New property of Alain Ducasse, who by its name only guarantee the quality of food, wines and service.
- Le Christine, a modern French cuisine address which proposes casual delicate dishes located just next door
- Alliance : an excellent modern French cuisine (1 star in the Michelin guide) in a contemporary décor close to Notre Dame
Haute cuisine :
- Saint James Paris : in the dining room or the gardens of PAris' only chateau-hotel, discover the generously refined creations of the famous Chef Jean-Luc Rocha
- Le Relais Louis XIII, a medieval house of the 17th century rated one Michelin star with Chef Manuel Martinez.