Les Grands Verres in the Palais de Tokyo. A young and cool atmoshere, and an American Chef Preston Miller who will delight you with Mussels vadouvan, celery; heirloom tomatoes and melons, tahini sauce, garlic candy, dill oil; a milk-braised shoulder of Berkshire pork with smoked eggplant, new potatoes; and for dessert a chocolate and sumac cake with rose meringue. Count 50 to 60 Euro. Open daily from noon to 11pm (2am at the bar). Sunday brunch from 11am to 4pm. 13 avenue du Président Wilson, 16th.
Fidèle – a cocktail bar and a restaurant imagined by Camille Lacourt, ex-swimming champion, located where the Théâtre Saint Germain used to be. Live jazz concerts, night club from Thursday to Saturday until 5am, in a very nice ambiance. 2 rue du Sabot, 6th.
Always recommended :
- Chez Fernand, a simple bistro serving traditional French cuisine in a warm and casual atmosphere, located a few meters away
More upscale :
- Allard, a 100 years old bistro which serves the great classics of French cuisine. New property of Alain Ducasse, who by its name only guarantee the quality of food, wines and service.
- Le Christine, a modern French cuisine address which proposes casual delicate dishes located just next door
- Alliance : an excellent modern French cuisine (1 star in the Michelin guide) in a contemporary décor close to Notre Dame
Haute cuisine :
- Saint James Paris : in the dining room or the gardens of PAris' only chateau-hotel, discover the generously refined creations of the famous Chef Jean-Luc Rocha
- Le Relais Louis XIII, a medieval house of the 17th century rated one Michelin star with Chef Manuel Martinez.